Friday, February 17, 2012

zazzle me this

Well, the zazzle community is an uproar.  Not everyone, but quite a few are sharing their dislike towards the new review system.

For an example, one of the biggest sites is EBay.  Most people know what eBay is.  If you have a good experience, you post your stars and write a little something, and that gives other buyers a heads up on what kind of seller you are.

If however, you get a neg review, that also gives a head up to buyers that maybe you might want to look else where.

I have mixed feelings around zazzle adding this new review idea.    First, whats really odd, is that the reviews aren't even on your items.  IF you click on my product, you will get reviews on other peoples stuff,  the good AND THE BAD.

But on the other hand, if I am selling iphones, (which have bad reviews by the way) people will not be stupid enough to buy them.  Unless of course......So zazzle just shot themselves in the foot.


"oh look at these cool iphones, every one is saying how cheap they, should we buy one?"
 
Durrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So zazzle just shot themselves in the foot.

Now, on the other hand, I will not be making anymore Iphone cases.  I would hate to have my designs on shitty products. 

The biggest issue is the new products.  They came out with these messenger bags and someone wrote a negative review.  they are on every single messenger bag in zazzle.  "this product sucks"

Would you buy it?  The product is already shot down before it even made it out there. 


Zazzle is under the belief that if there are reviews, people will buy more.  Well, yea, they will, but not when the zazzle reviews are pretty crappy.

I don't know about you, but I do look at reviews and people claim the product sucks, I don't take the chance.

I don't know, a company known for great customer service, great products, is now highlighting all the flaws in zazzle and that they are under the belief that this will help with their sales.

I am not convinced, but the question for me is not about weather the buyers will sell more due to these reviews, my question is, is this the end of zazzle?


1 comment:

  1. I don't think it's the end of Zazzle but I seriously hope they look at the forums and take on board some of the suggestions

    ReplyDelete